Wednesday, June 27, 2018

When your toddler doesn't want to nap anymore

When Leonard was born I already knew then that this kid would be something else, and oh boy is he ever. 

Perfectly placed in the line up of kids, the caboose, thank goodness. Just over 2 years with this little engine that never quits. He has recently graduated to a big bed, which was the tragic end of consistent naps. This stage I dread the most in motherhood, but I guess good news is this is the last time I will be going through this phase. 

Precious naps are few and far between now, but they happen usually on days when he decides to wake up between 3-5AM. He's not one to sleep in, unless we have somewhere to be in the morning and since its summer no sleeping in. I would blame the sun but I'm pretty sure he gets up before it peak through his window. 

I cherish the times when he sits on the couch and is quiet for longer than I'm used to, and he's fallen asleep. Everyone in the house needs to immediately not talk, not move a muscle, and even breathe quieter. We just let the tired boy sleep, and so I can remind myself that he is a precious little angel, before he wakes up again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment